Sunday, September 27, 2015

Thoughts About Comments

Personally, the blog comments I've enjoyed the most are the ones that point out specific details or moments in my stories. I like it when it's praise (obviously) but I also enjoy getting pointers on making my writing more enjoyable and interesting. It helps me improve my writing and to understand what can come across as vague or confusing and what is clear. Once or twice, it has been evident that someone hasn't actually read the story that I wrote because their comment was completely irrelevant or off-base and those types of comments aren't helpful and they kind of make me sad. Especially when I worked hard and am proud of a story. I try my hardest to point out strengths in a person's story, but I suppose I could be more constructive in my comments. Sometimes I focus so much on the things I liked, that I don't add some areas to improve and so they end up not being as helpful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment