Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Reading Evaluation

By far, my favorite reading this semester was Karna: The Unsung Hero of the Mahabharata. His character in the Mahabharata fascinated me and, since I was doing a storybook on his father, I decided to read this as one of my choices for the final weeks of class and I am so glad I did. It was such a personal look into Karna's life and I absolutely loved looking at it from another point of view.

I also really liked Narayan's version of the Ramayana and his version of the Mahabharata. His writing style is really easy to follow and it makes the stories easier to follow and they read more like a novel. Their organization also makes reading diaries easier.

I really liked the balance of reading, writing, and commenting. It seemed like a nice and even distribution and the readings were not overwhelming, which was nice. I also enjoyed the multiple options we had because it meant it was easier to personalize the lesson. 

With this in mind, I would tell future students to keep up with the readings and try to space it out. Reading over the weekend or towards the end of the week before the reading diary is due makes it a lot easier to complete all of them on time. I wish I had done that this semester, so I would definitely recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment