Monday, August 24, 2015

My Favorite Places: Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Canyon

I've just recently visited these places, but they quickly made it to the top of my list! 

Yellowstone National Park- I visited this park in late June on a road trip and it was one of the most magnificent places I've ever been.


Personal photo of a nesting ground for water birds that I took in Yellowstone National Park  in June 2015
The weather was perfect and, even though it was the end of June, it was actually a bit cold in places, particularly the mountainous areas. I love forests and mountains, so the diverse landscapes of the park were a dream come true. 
 This personal photo was taken near one of the many hot springs in the park in June 2015
Although I love mountains, the hot springs and wildlife were my favorite parts of the area. It's truly a gorgeous place!

The Grand Canyon- This is a place that I also first visited this year during a road trip and it was spectacular. I only spent two short days there, but I am already planning to return because it quickly became a favorite location of mine.


A personal photo taken on the South Rim of the Grand Canyon in July 2015
I'm not much of a morning person, but each morning I got up around 4 am to watch the sunrise over the canyon. It was truly breathtaking! We were not there long enough to hike to the Colorado River, but I've put that on my bucket list.
The Milky Way over the Grand Canyon: Flickr
I will say, my favorite part of the Grand Canyon was the view of the night sky. I was unable to get a clear photo, but this person captured it beautifully!



5 comments:

  1. Isn't the desert sky amazing, Natalie???! When I was a little kid in Tucson, it was a big treat when we would "camp out" in our backyard; I loved lying there, looking up at the stars. Of course, India is also a land of beautiful forests and mountains: I wish we could magically BE there for this class... but we can at least use the power of stories and our imaginations to learn something about those faraway forests and famous mountains like the Himalayas. I hope you will enjoy the class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard all of my life how beautiful the desert sky is and it definitely did not disappoint! I've never seen so many stars! India is a fascinating country and I've always dreamed of visiting the Himalayas. I'm looking forward to learning more about the culture of India through their stories!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s awesome that two of your favorite places are National Parks! I find that National Parks are some of the most beautiful places in the United States. Yellowstone is huge and has so much to explore! I really enjoyed all the thermal features there. Did you go hiking at the Grand Canyon? The canyon is beautiful from the rim, but I’ve never been hiking along the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok this is awesome. I'm super jealous because these two places are probably the top two on my list of places I want to visit in the US. Some of my friends went to Yellowstone this summer and the pictures looked awesome.. I am planning a road trip to the Grand Canyon over this Christmas break, so I hopefully I get to knock that off my list sooner rather than later!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Natalie! I am commenting on this post since I've already commented on your Introduction! Just WOW to these experiences and pictures! If they are this pretty through pictures, I can only imagine what it would be like in person. I've never been to Yellowstone National Park or the Grand Canyon, but I definitely hope to go one day!

    ReplyDelete