Sunday, August 30, 2015

Week 1: Curation Online

I love bookmarks. I use them all the time and my bookmark bar is absolutely full of folders and sub-folders for just about everything. I use it to organize recipes or stories I want to read or videos I want to watch. I had to start doing this after I lost far too many interesting things online because I thought I would remember them or be able to find them later. After this happening far too many times, my bookmark bar became my life saver. For some of my other classes, online and otherwise, I love making new folders for studying and for papers. They are so handy and so I am fairly familiar with the bookmark system on my web browser. In real life, I'm not a very organized person, but the internet makes it so much simpler to keep everything together and easy-to-find. 
"Organized" photo by Uwe Hermann

Other than bookmarking, I never thought of using Twitter or Pinterest for organizational purposes. I'm kind of familiar with Twitter, but I only use it rarely and never considered using it for any of my classes. My first impression of Pinterest was also that it was just used for arts & crafts, cooking, or decor. That's definitely the stereotype, but I've never used it for long enough to consider it usable for anything else. After browsing it for a little bit, it really does seem like an amazing tool for online organization. I think I might try to use it for other classes as well as this one.

I'm also intrigued by the Known software. I checked out the Known for this class and it seems like an interesting interface! This class has such a fascinating topic that I would love to be able to browse the internet and share information that is interesting and relevant to this class. 

My favorite organizational tool for group work online, though, is definitely google drive. It is the most helpful thing that I could possibly think of when working on a group project. Group work is so hard to schedule because everyone is busy, but with this tool you can just edit and comment on the same document simultaneously and it makes life so much easier. 

1 comment:

  1. I also love bookmarking. I always thought that I would remember the pages and items too but I would forget them and I would be so mad at myself for not making sure I could find them again. I have tons of folders too. Some for work, some for school, and some for personal and for fun. I love being able to easily find the websites that I am looking for.

    ReplyDelete