Thursday, August 27, 2015

Storybook Favorites

1. The first storybook that caught my eye was Law & Order: The Shape-Shifters Unit.  The title was very creative and definitely gave the reader a sense of what the story was about. I am a huge fan of the different Law & Order shows, so I was very interested to look into this storybook. After reading the introduction, it's interesting to see how the author ties the stories together and places the characters into a setting similar to that of Law & Order. Another thing I found interesting was how they worked the stories into a case file format. I thought that was very interesting! I think I might like to use some kind of creative format similar to this idea.
An image of Hanuma, one of the characters
appearing in the storybook above: found on Wikimedia Commons
2.  The next storybook title that interested me was Indian Horror Story. I love to read and watch scary things and so this title definitely appealed to me. The introduction really hooked me because it opened just like most horror stories where the audience is thinking, "No! Don't buy that house! What are you thinking?!". It also offered enough information that I became attached to the story, but not so much that I knew where the story was going. The use of images throughout the storybook also added to the spooky nature to which the title alludes. The final thing I found interesting about this particular storybook project is the creativity the author used. Not only were the characters placed in a different setting, but their stories were also molded to fit the story more believably. Overall, I found this one very interesting. 

3. The final storybook that I read was Demon Anger Management and it had a slightly different format than the other two. I thought it was very creative to take on the voice of a well-known talk show host in the introduction. It was a fun and interesting way to truly introduce the characters in a way that felt natural. Taking the voice of each of the characters was a creative way to integrate all of them in the story and it really made the characters "speak for themselves" which I thought was an interesting take on the project. This storybook used a different color scheme, opting for white and red, which fit the tone of the storybook better. Overall, the introduction made me want to continue reading and I liked the techniques they used in their storybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment