Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Reflections: Looking Forward

So far this semester I have kept up with the assignments and turned everything in on time, so my strategy is working. I currently am on track to make the grade I want and I am enjoying the assignments. Sometimes, though, I am a little stressed because I submit assignments the day they are due. For the second half of the semester, I want to try to get ahead of schedule so I do not have deadlines hanging over my head.

Although I mostly like my schedule now, I am going to try to get all the readings and reading diaries completed early so I have more time to spend on thinking about my stories. Also, it would be nice to finish semi-early so I can free up time for studying when finals come around. I want to work on the same days I'm working now, but I want to work on assignments in larger chunks. I think this would help my comprehension as well because I would be reading more of the story at once, leaving less time to forget.

Also during the rest of the semester, I would like to try some new and different story-telling techniques. Although I've switched up settings drastically, I've been sticking to third person in general. I would like to try some different techniques that may deal with different POVs. I think it might be an interesting creative strategy if I used a style such as letters or diary entries.
Journal photo taken by Joel Montes de Oca


I'm mostly happy with how the first half of the semester progressed, so I'm hoping to stay on track and finish the semester strong.


No comments:

Post a Comment